Wednesday 19 February 2014

Altered Art

Having a little play with Sizzix & Spellbinder dies today. My collection of MDF shapes is getting rather large so I thought it was about time to start using them, so here is one I made yesterday.
First coloured my heart shaped MDF with distress inks then layered with Tim Holtz tissue paper. Next I used texture paste through a dotty stencil and dripped ink on for a distressed look. Flower is cut using spellbinders rose creations largest die. Dragonfly & foliage are both sizzix dies. Also used some guilding flakes. Finished off with a Tim Holtz sentiment stamp along with some Ideaology metal parts (key, bull clip, tag & pen nib).

Spellbinders Rose Creations S5-050
Sizzix Bigz Fancyful Flight SZ656635
Sizzix Decorative Strip Spring Greenery SZ 659573
Stampers Anonymous Way With Words CMS165
Distress Ink Pads Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs, Mowed Lawn & Peacock Feathers.
Dylusions Ink Sprays Vibrant Turquoise & Calypso Teal.
Guilding Flakes from Indigo Blu.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful Lesley. Bet you had lots of fun making it. I think the flower especially is amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to hop over to my blog and leaving a comment. happy crafting!